This first batch has been taken from here: Live Science
- The Earth is NOT perfectly spherical.
- At the Equator, you would weigh less than if you were at the North or South Pole.
- The planet spins 1000 mph! Earth spins around the sun 67K miles per hour!! 😳
- The ground you walk on is that of past generations. Through the types of rock, the earth recycles itself.
These facts were taken from One Tree Planted:
- Trees make up 1 of 3 types of Forests: rainforests, temporal forests, and boreal forests.
- Only 1/5 of Earth’s natural forests exist today, due to deforestation.
- Over 121 natural medicines, herbs, and remedies can be found in rainforests.
This collection of cool facts was found here: Space.com
- Earth’s atmosphere contains 5 layers.
- Most scientists believe the line between Earth & Space, also known as Kàrmàn Line, is 62 miles above sea level ( though this isn’t a unanimous belief).
- The Ionosphere (the atmosphere’s layer furthest from Earth) grows and shrinks according to how much energy the Sun absorbs.
Finally, this last collection of facts comes from here: The US Environmental Protection Agency
- The top 3 pieces of litter that end up in our waterway are cigarette butts, beverage bottles, and food wrappers.
- Learn more about what you can do to help: @ U.S. EPA Water on Twitter
Americans produce over 36 million tons of plastic waste per year, which is about 12.2% of all municipal solid waste (MSW) generated in the United States. Packaging is the largest market for plastic and the largest source of plastic waste. In 2018, over 14.5 million tons of plastic packaging and containers were disposed of as municipal solid waste. For more information about plastic and other kinds of MSW, visit the Facts and Figures about Materials, Waste and Recycling page.The US Environmental Protection Agency
It was super interesting learning about our home. I know I only wish everyone appreciated it as I do. #BetheChange #HealtheWorld
With Love and Light,