Stories as old as time, held dear in our hearts. Whether they were fantasy, with flying dragons, or ones rooted in our family history, stories capture time.
Most of us have that moment when we gathered onto grandpa’s lap, or on either side of mom, and listened with awe. The books were probably full of adventures and images of heroes. Others taught us about morals and compassion.
This Christmas, if you do nothing else, grab a few childrens’ [Christmas/Winter/whatever] books, sit, and read to them. The words come alive. Kids’ imagination could possibly spark a fun conversation.
Here’s some that will get you started:)
1. Holidays Around the World is a 15 book series through National Geographic Kids. They have one particular book named, Celebrate Christmas. Additionally, you could choose Celebrate Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Diwali.
2. Here’s one that lets the kids know, exactly what do Snowmen do at Christmas.
3. The next is Mrs Wishy-Washy’s Christmas. This book is full of rhyming and lots of silliness.
* Check out Pocket of Preschool on Pinterest *
5. Now, if you’re interested in Christian Faith Christmas books, there’s plenty of wonderful options: The Legend of the Candy Cane, The Legend of the Christmas Tree, God Gave Us Christmas, and finally, The True Gift.
Hope you enjoyed these book suggestions 🙂 I know children would love to cuddle close and listen. Books are an amazing tool to build Comprehension, Imagination, and Vocabulary, among other skills.
REMEMBER: Children will always remember how you made them feel💗
With Love & Light,